Here are some common questions people ask about therapy. However, we believe the best way to get answers to any question is to contact us.

Is my therapy confidential?

As an accredited psychology professional and member of IARPP, I am bound by the Code of Ethics and NSW Government rules of confidentiality.

Do I need a referral?

No, you do not need a referral to see a psychotherapist. However, sometimes a local health practitioner or school may refer you. In this case please bring along any paperwork to your initial appointment.

What can I expect from my first appointment?

Initial(first) appointments are 70 minutes. The initial consult is an opportunity to hear about your issues and concerns, and to develop a therapy plan for moving forward. 

For children 16 years and under, at least one parent has to attend the initial consult.  

How long it lasts the session?

Following sessions last 50 minutes. Longer sessions may be made by prior arrangements. Please contact us.

How many appointments will I need?

The number of therapy sessions varies according to the issues involved and their complexity. Sometimes only one or two sessions are required. Occasionally deeper issues require extended therapy.  

How do I pay?

Payments can be made as follows:

  • EFTPOS (Cheque, Savings, or Credit)

  • Cash

  • Payment by credit card over the phone 

  • PayPal

Watershed Counselling is not a bulk bill practice. If you require psychological support and are experiencing financial difficulties, your Doctor will be able to advise you of available no-cost options in your area.

Can I get a rebate through Medicare or Private Health insurance?

It is not possible to claim through Medicare or/and Private Health Fund. We are not offering concessions for DVA Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) and Veteran Gold Cards.

Can I get a rebate through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?

The cost of counselling is payable by your Employer under their Employee Assistance Program arrangements. There are no out-of-pocket expenses for EAP sessions.

Can I use my NDIS funding?

It is possible to use your NDIS funding when you are self-managing your fund.

What if my child/spouse can't come to the therapy?

If your peer does not wish to attend therapy you can gain insight into your behaviours and the dynamics of your relationship by coming to individual counselling.

What if I can't make it to the booked appointment?

You must give 24 hours notice when canceling or rescheduling an appointment. Full fees will be charged if you are late.